Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Books in the Hallway


-Home made gf/df cornbread
-Bell & Evans organic hot dog pieces (in square container)
-Favorite smoothie

We needed a little extra-fancy since it was such a cold, grey day. Stickers to the rescue.
 My lunch:
-Snowy Cranberries This is a great recipe by my friend Rachel from Hounds in the Kitchen. Good blog, check it out.
-Home made cornbread. I used coconut milk that was left over after making the kids smoothies and eggs from our chickens. It was yummier than usual, coconut milk is so good.
-Turkey roll-ups with daiya jack cheese and Applegate turkey. I think this would also have been good with chicken breast and a sweet sauce of some sort.


 It was time for the sunshine bulletin board to come down. The colors had faded and the hallway needed a change for the new year. The kids are learning about authors and literature, and the book fair will be starting soon. I thought a book themed board with 3D books would be a good way to make a bright and colorful bulletin board for the kids, and it was fun to make. I'm hoping to have time next week to make a matching "bookshelf" for the opposite side of the board.

No comments: