Sunday, January 13, 2008

New teeth, walking, sleeping

My baby girl seems to be working on her 1year molars. At 10 1/2 months! I shouldn't be surprised, the kids both got their first tooth at 4 months. It's making her a bit of a cranky pants, but only for little chunks of time. I'm glad to have found Hyland's Teething Tabs.
She's also taken some steps. It's cute, she'll take 2 or three robot steps and then collapse into my arms or squat down. She gets a big goofy grin and I know she's proud of herself. The boy hasn't taken steps yet, but he's having a blast getting there. He'll stand up, raise his arms up high, smile the biggest smile ever, and then belly-flop onto whoever is closest. It's accompanied by screams of laughter. He's having way too much fun to try walking yet.
We're attempting to get bedtime a bit more manageable with The No Cry Sleep Solution. It's worked so far to get the babies in bed earlier (8pm instead of anywhere from 10:30p,-2am), but we've still got a long way to go. I think that they are waking up a little bit less in the night than they had been, but the past two nights have been particularly brutal. I think the boy is having a growth spurt or something, because he wants to nurse all night long, almost every hour or hour and a half. Hopefully he calms down soon because it's a bit maddening.

No comments: