Sunday, October 21, 2007

6 lb baby


I haven't been doing a ton of sewing this week, but I did make this doll for a friend of mine. She sells baby carriers and wanted a weighted Waldorf style doll to use for demos and for her customers to use when trying out carriers. It's about the size of a 2-3 month old baby and weighed almost 6 pounds. It felt much heavier when being held though. I did a tiny bit of machine sewing on the body of the doll, but 95% of it was handsewn. Of course, I had to do the machine sewn part before I was able to do the handsewn part, so I couldn't just sit around making dolls the whole time that I've been healing. I really enjoyed making it, it was a great way to get back into sewing. It was fun to watch it's "personality" develop. She asked me to make another one for her, but this time it will be the approximate size of a 1 year old. I'm excited to see how that one turns out.

No comments: