Thursday, November 29, 2007

Walking!!

I walked!
I've been walking with the franken-boot, but without crutches for a few days now. I also have a smaller nylon ankle brace that was supposed to be the next step, but whenever I had it on my ankle hurt. It dug into me and was quite uncomfortable. The physical therapist said that some people have a lot of trouble with that style of brace and find it easier to just go without it. So I did. I am able to take a couple of unassisted steps before it becomes painful, and have the go-ahead to drive. I can also finally carry the kids around, and I know that before long I'll be able to walk normally. It's so exciting to finally see the end of this whole fiasco.
My internet access is still patchy, we haven't yet figured out what's wrong. Hopefully this weekend we'll be able to troubleshoot. Then I'll be able to stay online long enough to restock my HyenaCart.
If you've tried to email through the "contact" link on my website, and I haven't responded, I am not ignoring you. There was a problem with the way the email was being routed to me. I think I've corrected it, but if for some reason you're having trouble getting a hold of me, feel free to just leave a comment here and I'll get back to you.

No comments: