Thursday, December 20, 2012

whirlwind

It's been a crazy busy week, and I've been working on loads of projects in the evenings after the kids go to bed. I've asked the mister to be in charge of lunches for the past few days so that I can get some more work done, and don't have photos.
I found out that there are some families with children at the kids' school who are having a hard time staying warm and fed. A few of the parents have been scrambling this week to assemble warm clothing and grocery gift cards to get them through the holidays. I've been working on fleece hat and scarf sets, and have a pretty good pile going. It's a really quick sew, and they turn out pretty cute. I'll see about putting together a quick tutorial when things setting down a bit.
An exciting and unexpected thing heard from the boy today: "Papa put way, way, way too many chips in my lunch today. Two or three would have been plenty." Coming from a kid who was so carb craving just a few weeks ago, that is huge!! There was a small handful of chips in their lunches today, and the boy ate a few of his, and then brought the rest home to snack on later. So proud! The girl is still getting over her tummy bug, and her appetite hasn't fully returned.

No comments: